Weekend Finishes

Wow!  I cannot believe I haven't posted in over a week.  Been busy, busy, busy with stuff other than quilting unfortunately.  Work is crazy, Christmas is less than 3 weeks away now and D decided we needed to re-paint the whole house!  Seriously??!

Anyhow, life came back to "normal" over the weekend and I was finally able to get some quilts finished.

First, I quilted and sewed the binding on the two small table toppers I made a couple of weekends ago.  I wrote about these in my last post. 


Notice the cute rick-rac on there?  I just love it!  These two cuties are now sitting proudly on top of the two end tables in the living room at the cottage.

I also finished my grand-mother's "birthday" quilt this weekend... her birthday was in July!!!  So I guess this is now my grand-mother's Christmas present.  I'm very happy with how this one looks.  The pattern is called Nine-Patch Wonder and I found it in the Pam and Nicky Lintott Jelly Roll Quilts book.  I used a fabric collection called Martinique by Moda for it.

Our neighbour Dave is holding the quilt!  So funny!


That's it for now.  Talk to you all later.

Comments

  1. Hi Izzy, love your quilts! I have been going back through your posts and saw your Schnibbles! Did you know there are a couple of bloggers that do "a year of schnibbles"? If you are interested, I can give you their blog names. I am planning to get started with them in January!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ric rac is so cute! I need to try that. Your Grand-mother's quilt is fantastic, I'm sure she'll love it :)
    What a cool neighbour you have! hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment