TNT Thurday - I'm all ducky!

During my bloggy travels last Thursday, during TNT Thursday, I read on someone else's blog that they were trying paper piecing for the first time and really liked how easy it was.  When I got to the cottage on Friday night, I decided I was going to spend at least a little bit of time trying to paper piece something simple.  I remembered seeing a pattern in a past issue of Quilt Magazine that looked really cute so I went searching for it.

And here are the results of my first attempt at paper piecing:


I l.o.v.e. it!!!  And it really was easy!  I decided not to put a binding on this mini quilt so instead I stitched the front and back right sides together with a piece of batting at the back (leaving a small opening) and then turned the whole thing through the opening. The pattern said to use embroidery for the eye, but I decided to use a small black button instead.

In this picture, I hadn't pressed it yet or closed the opening, but I'll do that this weekend.  I'm also going to do some echo quilting around the ducky and something else on the duck itself... not quite sure yet.  Any suggestions?

And what did you try this week?  I'm linking up at Melissa's for TNT Thursday.  Be sure to check out what else everyone is up to this week.


That's it for now.  Talk to you all later.

Comments

  1. Your ducky is adorable! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your duck is so adorable!!! I so need to make one of those!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on trying paper piecing. Still on my list of things to learn and will be for awhile. That duck is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That duck is really cute! Paper piecing is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tried this on paper work and also selected same colours. Your duck is so adorable. I so need to make one of those for my quilt.
    Paper piecing is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great fabric designs are create in the different strips.It look so beautiful and colorful.Duck are look so beautiful.Color combinations are really extra ordinary.

    promotional bags

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment