Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Farmer's Wife... Now I know!

During my bloggy travels lately, I've read numerous posts and looked at lots and lots of pictures of beautiful 6" blocks related to the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt.  At first, I really didn't know what the heck these people were talking about, but I really did enjoy looking at all the pictures.  Finally, I read someone's comment on a blog and this person was saying how she had bought the book and was going to get started on these blocks.

My curiosity finally got the better of me and I logged on to Amazon.ca and searched for this book... and ordered it!  :-)  I love reading all the letters; I'm a big history fan, so all of those letters are simply a delight for me.  I might actually try making some of these blocks as a way to use my scraps... who knows - maybe I'll be able to make enough to turn these little blocks into a small lap quilt or even maybe a twin-size quilt.  We'll see!

That's it for now.  Talk to you all later.

2 comments:

  1. That book is in my amazon basket!! just need to get some money now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so tempted to join in too! I had the book in my hand once, but I put it back because I felt like I just had too many other projects going on. But what is one more? I'll be watching for your blocks!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS