Productive Weekend

This weekend was very productive, but I have zero finishes to show you!  I do have a couple of finished tops and a couple of finished blocks... and a couple of new windows.

First, here are place mats that are ready for quilting. I found this pattern in the February 2011 Quilter's World magazine.  I used fabrics from my stash for this one.  I had told myself I would get going on the quilting on these this weekend, but then I really wanted to work on something else...  Quilting is most definitely my least favourite part of the whole process so I tend to put it off until I can longer put it off.



Next, here is McGuffey.  I used two of my Recipe for Friendship charm packs for this one as well as white fabric I had in my stash.  For the backing, I used the Recipe for Friendship panel that came with the fat quarter bundle.  McGuffey is a Schnibble designed by Carrie Nelson and which can be found in her book "Schnibbles Times Two".


Third, here are two blocks from my next project:  Spin City.  This is another Schnibble designed by Carrie Nelson (also from the Schnibbles Times Two book).  I'm using the Recipe for Friendship charm packs for this one as well and so far, I'm loving it!  The blocks are fairly easy to do, but I'm using a technique I've never used before:  quilting with a template.


And finally, here's something else I worked on this weekend:  two new windows for the mud room at the cottage.  (I only took a picture of the last one.) 


And how was your weekend?

Comments

  1. Maybe no finishes, but lots of progress! I'm working on a McGuffy too! Yours is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment