A quilt as window curtains?... Maybe!

I've been toying with the idea of making two identical quilts to use as curtains in the huge window that's uptairs in my sewing room. I went to WalMart and bought a really beautiful curtain rod and also bought a couple of packages of clips to hold curtains. That's when I starting thinking perhaps I could use those clips to hold quilts instead of boring old curtains.

Here's the layout I decided to go ahead a use. As you can see, I don't have a design wall in my sewing room, so I have to use the floor!

This is the first quilt top finished. The pattern is called "Playmates" and I found it in the Pam and Nicky Lintott book titled "Two From One Jelly Roll". I'm using a "For a Cause: Alliance" jelly roll for this.
Now I just have to decide whether I should use batting or just sew a backing onto the top. If I go with batting, I guess I'll have to go with a really light one...
And this is Moose on the Porch Quilts' Layer Cake Quilt Along Block 4. This block is called "Starry Starry Snowball and was designed by Sherri McConnell at http://www.aquiltinglife.com/. I've already downloaded the directions for Block 5, but I'm running a little behind on that one! Will have to catch up once the curtains are done.


I'm also almost finished with another quilt top that I started back in November. I should be able to put the borders on that one during my next trip to the country so I'll post pictures when I get back.
That's it for now. Talk to you all later!

Comments

  1. What a good idea! I've also heard of using a quilt as a shower curtain......with a plastic liner of course. I'm behind on my Layer Cake Quilt Along too and I'm planning to catch up after the holidays. Your new block looks nice....beautiful fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment