All good things must come to an end...

I couldn't be on vacation forever right? I'm back at work now and busier than ever. My return to work also coincided with the need to get the children ready for school… searching for school supply lists (I swear they're in the house somewhere!), running to Walmart to get everything, trying on clothes from last Spring and then making another list… but this time for school clothes. I always look forward to the start of the school year because it means our lives go back into their routine. But it also means the end of the beautiful, hot sunny days and the return of cold, windy, snowy weather.

I didn't get as much quilting done as I had hoped during my vacation. It started off pretty good. I finished the Daisy Chain quilt top and then quilted "Garden Trellis" which I had started for my baby sister back in the spring. Her birthday was in July and we were finally getting together for a birthday celebration so I finished her quilt and gave it to her as a present. I used a pattern from the book "Jelly Roll Quits" and the fabric is from the "For a Cause" collection by Moda. I then quilted in the ditch and added feathers to the border. I am very pleased with how it turned out and so is my baby sister!

I also basted Heather's Wedding Present so that one is ready to quilt when I go back to the country this weekend.

Oh and look at what came in the mail this week!

Getting fabric in the mail is always so exciting for me… I love it!

Comments