Sewing on hold for a while

I broke my ankle last Friday and am now wearing a big, ugly boot on my right foot for the next 4 to 5 weeks. Unless I'm able to figure out how to use my left foot on the pedal, it looks as though very little sewing or quilting is going to take place in the next month or so. :-(

Injuring my right ankle also means no driving for 5 weeks, no gardening and limited participation in a Challenge I entered where you need to walk at least 10,000 steps each day! This Challenge started today and although I really don't want to quit because it runs until September and obviously, I'll be better before then, getting my 10,000 steps in the next 5 weeks is going to be impossible.

Thank goodness I've got a wonderful partner and great kids... they have been helping with everything from getting me in the shower and getting me coffee to doing the dishes and basically getting whatever I need so I can stay off my feet.

Comments