The Sunday Romper by Love Notions

My little brother turned 50 yesterday and over the weekend, his wife organized a small family backyard party. I really wanted a casual dress for the event and decided to make myself the Sunday Romper by Love Notions.


The fabric is a pencil navy stripe from The Fabric Snob. It's doing all kinds of weird things to the pictures and to my computer screen, but it's an amazing fabric! It's really, really comfortable and it sews up beautifully.

Pattern Details:

The Sunday Romper pattern contains pants, shorts and cropped pants bottoms as well as a skirt view with two lengths. You can also choose between two bodices: a tank and a dolman. The waist is elasticated and there are no closures. My version is the skirt with the dolman bodice.

The size range goes from a full bust of 32" to 61" and hips of 34.5" to 59.5". I made a size 18 with the full bust piece (built-in full bust adjustment).


This pattern is advertised as an advanced beginner skill level. I would agree with that. It's a pretty simple sew but getting the neckband sewn-in correctly is a little trickier due to the v-neck in both the front and the back. I'm pretty happy with mine, but I did have to unpick it once.


Instructions and Construction:

The Love Notions instructions are impeccable and in my limited experience, their patterns are well drafted. As I said above, the trickiest part of this garment was the neckline, but the instructions are so well explained and they even give you a really effective trick to make sure the v-neck is perfectly flat.

Would I make this again?

Absolutely! I would love to make another one in a beautiful floral print. The next time I make this though, I may lower the v in the front and back. This is just a matter of personal preference - my neck isn't overly long and I'm busty so lower V necks look best on me.



Comments

  1. That dress turned out great! And it has pockets? Yes! Love the color too. Can't wait to see your next one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment