Through Love Mini Quilt

I just finished this mini quilt and although it is only 16" x 19", it took me more time to make than many of my lap size quilts!


There is a lot of cutting and some very narrow strips in there! But I love the effect and how the word Love just appears because of the clever piecing.

I had grand plans for the quilting, but to be honest, after all that extremely tedious precision piecing, I didn't have any inclination toward intricate quilting. So I used my walking foot and quilted wavy vertical lines. You can see that the piecing actually got distorted a little bit at the bottom but I don't care!


The back is a really fun and colourful fat quarter I've had in my stash for a really long time. And the binding is Kona White (the same as the background) with just a small strip of the blue fabric in the quilt.




The details:
  • Pattern: Through Love by Taren Studios
  • Size: 16" x 19"
  • Fabrics: Kona White and 2 fat quarters from my stash 
  • Thread: Pieced and quilted with Aurifil #2600 (dove)

I think this is my 4th or 5th mini quilt in orange fabric now - I really should put them all up on a wall somewhere!



Comments

  1. Oh, what a very clever use of spacing of the blue rectangles and orange stripes to make the letters appear!! I hope you do get to put all the orange minis together. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment