A New Maxi Mave Skirt

When True Bias released their latest pattern - the Mave Skirt - I didn't wait for very long before getting it. I love maxi skirts in the Summer and I had the perfect fabric in my stash, a beautiful viscose from Blackbird Fabrics.


It was a little bit chilly when I took the pictures so I'm wearing a sweater with my new skirt, but when the temperature rises a little bit, I plan to wear this with a tee shirt or tank top. A white top would look really nice with this skirt I think - a white to match the little bits of white in the fabric. 

The pattern includes a few different views and you can make the maxi skirt with or without tiers. For my next version, I think I'll try to make the tiers. The skirt was easy to sew and I really like the wide elasticated waistband (2"). In fact, I usually wear skirts with my tops untucked, but in this case, because the waistband appears to be shirred thanks to the top stitching, it looks really nice with the top tucked in.



In addition to trying out the tiers for next time, I might also size down in the hips, skip the pockets (they are a little floppy and annoying to be honest) and shorten it just a touch. Right now, the hem skims the ground when I'm wearing flats and I'm afraid I might trip over it.

The details:

I'm pretty pleased with my new skirt, but I now need to make myself a white top to wear with it!



Comments

Post a Comment