A New Jackson Pullover

Helen's Closet released their Jackson Tee and Pullover pattern a little while ago and well - I love everything Helen does so I just had to buy it. The pattern is unisex so I thought I could use it for me as well as my hubby who loves a good tee.

I ordered knit fabric from The Fabric Snob for this project. I like the look of stripes for the body and a solid for sleeves so I went with that.


I chose to sew a solid neckband and striped cuffs. The pattern calls for a hem band but I don't love that look on me so decided to skip it. I did make a silly beginner's mistake though and neglected to lengthen the body to compensate for the lack of a hem band and now the pullover is a bit short. I do have fabric leftover so could still add the hem band if I wanted to.


The finished garment is really, really comfortable and I'm very proud of the neckband insertion. Not a pucker in sight and it does lie very flat.

I will definitely make this again but next time, I'll make a tee for hubby.


The details:



Comments

  1. Hoe about the solid red in the same width as the shirt, double folded, open at the sideseams for the hem band? I hope that makes sense?
    Greetings from Germany, Inka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour Dizzy, Lorsque vous avez imprimé le patron, quel(s) paramètre(s) avez-vous utilisés? Après plusieurs essais, je n'ai toujours pas réussi à obtenir mon 2 pouces X 2 pouces.

    Un GROS MERCI...Denise

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment