After making a pair of Arden pants that ended up being a little too big, I decided I really needed to try the pattern again in the correct size. I re-cut the pattern in a size 18 and chose to go with another stretch woven from my stash: a really nice stretch suiting from Minerva.com in a dark grey.
This pair turned out much better! I made no other adjustments and followed the pattern exactly. This is such a nice, easy and fun pattern to make. All those years of quilting really came in handy with all the topstitching.
The pants have nice large front pockets and I love the straight legs.
And at the risk of sounding really vain, I kind of like my butt in these pants with the patch pockets! :-)
I think I found a pants pattern I'm going to want to make over and over again. The elastic waist is really, really comfortable but there's no bunching or huge gathers. In fact, I very rarely tuck tops in my pants so when wearing a sweater, you can barely tell there's an elastic waist under there.