Shattered Star Table Runner

Early in September, Shannon Fraser of Shannon Fraser Designs put out a call for testers for the new pattern she'd be releasing on October 1: Shattered Star. I haven't been able to test any patterns lately because of work - the deadlines are typically pretty tight so I always had to say no.

However, when Shannon reached out and I saw the design, I just had to do it! I knew it would be very difficult for me to commit to testing a full size quilt, but she had so many options for her new pattern, I figured I'd definitely have time for a table runner.

And I did!


When I first started pulling fabrics for this one, I wanted black and grey only. But I found this teal solid in my scrap basket and thought "why not"? I love the little pop of colour.

The top came together so quickly and easily! I just love that the design is simple, but thanks to how the pieces are sewn, the results are really fun and different. Shannon's instructions are AMAZING! She really breaks it down for you if you're a beginner and the illustrations help to keep you organized. Also, because there are no fussy points to match, this design is a little more forgiving for beginners. If you're more advanced, playing with colours and fabric is going to give you such a fun challenge.

I was so excited to have this little quilt finished, I kept the quilting really simple. I used green Aurifil thread to stitch wavy lines horizontally and I love the effect.



I found a roll of green binding I made a long time ago from leftover strips and decided to use that for the binding. It was actually the perfect length so definitely meant to be!

And the back is a piece of grey solid I had laying around my sewing room.


This beauty is now on top of my work from home desk and I absolutely love it there!

Shannon released the pattern yesterday. I highly recommend you get your hands on it now because she'll be hosting a quilt-along for it starting on October 12. I know that the holidays are looking a little uncertain at the moment, but if you plan on attending any social gatherings in December, a little table runner makes a great hostess/host gift. 

In addition to three table runner sizes, the pattern comes in baby, crib, lap, throw, twin, queen and king size. Talk about options!

The details:
  • Pattern: Shattered Star by Shannon Fraser Designs
  • Size: 15" x 45" (medium table runner) 
  • Fabrics: Fat quarters from my stash as well as scraps for the pops of colour
  • Thread: Pieced with Aurifil #2600 in 50 wt and quilted with Aurifil #2845 in 40 wt



Comments

  1. The pop of teal looks great, and it's awesome that the pattern has so many options.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She turned out beautifully, Izzy! And I love that you had all these fabrics already on hand - especially the already made green binding. Meant to be, indeed! Thank you so much for testing this pattern for me, always love seeing you work your magic with my designs :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment