Large Star Bright Quilt Finish

A couple of weeks ago, I really needed a quick and simple project to work on. I started looking through the quilt patterns I already had on hand and found this one which I used a few months ago for a new Christmas tree skirt. I knew this one would a good one to work on! I even found a gorgeous stack of 10" squares to make it.


The fabric is Nature Walk by Tamara Kate. I purchased these from Tamara at a craft fair a few years ago. The prints are absolutely gorgeous and I'm so pleased this pattern allowed me to use the squares uncut.


I decided to take my time with the quilting and have some fun with it. I hadn't quilted pebbles in such a long time but I'm so happy with how they turned out. I then used radiating straight lines to make sure the pebbles would be the focal point of the quilt. I even used pink thread for the quilting to make it stand out even more.



You can see the quilting really well on the back as well.


The binding is Kona Charcoal.



The details:


Comments

  1. Awesome!! I have made this pattern in a smaller size. Never thought to make it using 10-inch squares. I think I have a layer cake. Well done with the quilting. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pebbles look great in the star and I love the radiating lines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love a fun fast finish like that now and then and your quilting adds alot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the straight line quilting that makes me think of light rays radiating from the center - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment