WIP Wednesday: The Scrappy Edition

Turns out all I needed to get my sewjo back was to get together with a few people... The Montreal Modern Quilt Guild held its May sew-in on Saturday and I had a ball! This month, we decided to focus on charity quilt tops.

I brought my blue scraps and started cutting strips. Before long, I had a nice pile of blue scraps ready to sew into modern log cabin blocks.

The sewing continued when I got home...

And I now have 9 blocks out of the 16 I'll need for the quilt top...

The best part of all this is that I'm finally making a dent in my blue scrap bins!

Will be linking up at Lee's for WIP Wednesday!

And what are you up to?

Thanks for stopping by.

Izzy

 

Comments

  1. These are adorable! I love blue and these modern log cabins look fun and look like they'd involve less thinking than regular - always a good thing where lately me only sewing time is when I'm tired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those blocks. I was actually thinking how little I use blue and I love what you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really good and you got a lot done. I really like the pops of orange and yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you have your mojo back! I like the pops of orange and yellow in those blue log cabin blocks. Very modern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to hear you have your mojo back! Great job with the blocks! Love how you're using up your scraps for this. Can't wait to see it all put together :-)

    ~ Jess ~
    Everything Is Coming Up Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You remind me that I checked out a book from our guild library with 101 log cabin blocks. I need to get busy making copies of the ones that I do want to try so that I can return the book in June.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks are very nice. I like how the blocks are mostly blue but you added in some other fun additions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh they look brilliant! A great stash buster and I like the blues with the pops of other colour!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love thus! It's going to look great! The log cabin look is one of my favorites. It especially looks good with your modern twist :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment