WIP Wednesday - Getting back to sewing

My last post was a week ago.  I just didn't have much to say over the last week.  I've been reading all the blogs I follow and I'm amazed at all the wonderful things I see popping up all over blogland.  There are some ridiculously talented quilters out there.  In my last post, I mentioned I had lost my sewing mojo - the weather had been beautiful and I just didn't feel like being inside.

Over the last 7 days however, I've gotten motivated to get back to sewing again.  Probably because work and home have been incredibly stressful lately and I need to spend some time doing what relaxes me most - and that is quilting and sewing.

I tried to be at my sewing machine every day for at least an hour this week and have some real progress to show for it today.

First, I spent a few hours quilting Nine-Patch Flip over the weekend.  I unfortunately forgot my camera in the city so have no pictures to show you, but trust me, it's almost done!  And it's a good thing too because I have to have it done for the end of the month (it's my LYOF goal for May).

Second, I cut into the fabric I showed you in my last post and started putting together Dylan's quilt.  I am quite literally in love with this quilt top.


I love the colours in the Meadow Friends collection and I'm super happy with the Bella Cloud I picked for the background.  I think it's perfect for my 9 year-old boy.  All that's left now is to sew on the border and then quilt it of course.

And finally, I started planning my trip to Dallas (I fly out on Saturday) and realized I didn't have a pouch big enough to fit my make-up, and other small essentials so I decided to make myself an open-wide zipper pouch.

This is the fabric I chose - some Ruby by Bonnie & Camille for Moda.


I decided to make the medium size pouch.  I will use the blue and red for the exterior and the grey is for the lining.  I also had the perfect red zipper!   I've got all the pieces cut and will be sewing it together later on today.

Linking up at Lee's for WIP Wednesday - click on the button in my sidebar to see all the WIPs!

I hope you are having a fantastic week and thank you so much for visiting!

Izzy

Comments

  1. That pouch will be so sweet! And I really like that quilt top you have finished up, what a fun pattern. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm desperate to make a pouch but haven't done a zipper before... I love the fabrics you chose :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are back to sewing! Dylan's quilt is looking vibrant and colorful. Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with that quilt top too!!

    Side Note - I think it is totally ok to take time off. It's much better to post something like this than something forced because you 'feel like you have to'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dylan's quilt is great :-) I'm glad you are back to sewing. Stress can do that to you. I know it well. I agree with Susan's side note! That pouch is amazing! Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the quilt top! The pouch is going to be fabulous! I adore Ruby and I just started a quilt using it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet Dylan is very happy with that quilt! I hope you have a wonderful trip to Dallas Izzy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment