Sailboats Quilted, Signed and Delivered!

This weekend, I finished "Sailboats" for my great-nephew and when we got back to the city, my sweetie and I went to his sister's to deliver the quilt to the baby's grand-mother who was visiting for a few days.  She will take the quilt back to Alberta and give it to the baby's parents this week.

Then I started thinking... one of my quilts will live in Alberta!  :-)  Most of my quilts live in Quebec, so it's kind of cool to know one of my quilts is going to be living across the country (I know, I'm such a dork!).

Anyhow, here is Sailboats, all quilted:

I quilted in the ditch around each block and then did some straight-line stitching on the diagonal across the 16 patch blocks.  I chose a solid orange fabric for the binding.

I used a really cute dotty flannel fabric for the back.  Once it was washed and dried, it was soooooo soft... perfect for a brand new little boy!

Linking up at Sew Many Ways for Sew Darn Crafty!



Hope you all had a great weekend!

Izzy

Comments

  1. I love those bright and happy fabrics. I bet baby will love it too.

    Betty in Kentucky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful finish! I am sure the new parents and baby will love the new quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Izzy it's so cute!!! I love those sailboats. The backing and binding are perfect too! Such a great baby boy quilt :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment