In January, we were taught how to make bias tape and then use it to design a block or a quilt. At first, I wasn't really looking forward to it at all. The whole technique looked tedious to me to be honest. But then I got started drawing out a few ideas and then pulling out fabric and basically playing around.
In the end, I decided to go black and white and made one block. And much to my surprise, I really liked using bias tape. Oh the possibilities!
And then made three more blocks and sewed all four blocks together. And I was in love!
For the quilting, I used my FMQ foot and white Aurifil 50 wt thread to quilt curves echoing the bias tape.
The binding is Kona White, the same as the background fabric, with just a touch of black.
This mini finishes at 19" square.
And with that, the January Challenge is complete! And I will link this little finish at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday and at Busy Hands Quilts for TGIFF.