Tuesday, June 10, 2014

WIP Wednesday

I've been spending quite a bit of time in my sewing room lately, working on QAL projects, charity quilts and finally basting my Swoon top.

I will be linking up at Lee's for WIP Wednesday, so let's get right to it shall we?

First up is the Supernova Swap I signed up for. I decided to go with the pink stack of fabric for block number 1. I also wrote my list of 25 things my partner doesn't know about me so this block will be making its way to Julie tomorrow morning.

Then, I worked on a mini quilt using the Nested Churn Dash pattern from Quilt Jane.

I used my Vintage Modern scraps and some Kona Snow for mine. If you want to make your own Nested Churn Dash mini or make a large quilt using this block, you can purchase the pattern here. There is also a QAL going on right now. Get all the info on the Quilt Jane blog.

I basted and started quilting my Nested Churn Dash mini quilt over the weekend and should be able to post pictures of a finished quilt by the end of the week.

And finally, I got through the basting stage on 2 quilts: my modern log cabin quilt for charity is now ready for quilting.

See the super bright yellow backing fabric? I'm having second thoughts about it... It is really BRIGHT!

And I got my Swoon top basted! Yay for me! Almost an hour spent on my hands and knees basting this beast. But I am super excited to start quilting!

And that is what I've got going at the moment. What about you? What kind of week are you having?

Thanks for stopping by!

Izzy

 

9 comments:

  1. Oh Izzy your quilts look great! I love the pink block. I can't wait to see how you quilt your Swoon. Mine just came back from the long armer and is awesome! I cut the binding last night. Hope you are enjoying summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Izzy, you have been busy! I love how your log cabin quilt is shaping up. That is my favorite kind of quilt...ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that swoon top is just beautiful! I bet it will be awesome quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my I love all of these! Your fabrics are fun and I especially love the Nested Churn Dash. Great work as always. I can't wait to get my block!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Block 1, and I am definitely adding Swoon to my to-do list - it always looks so good no matter what fabrics people choose!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay swoon! It's looking great. I love what you've got rocking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh basting! how I hate the basting! My knees hurt just thinking about it. Good for you getting it done though, will be totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love, love your modern log cabin and swoon quilts! I can't wait to see them finished.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, so many pretty quilt projects. love your swoon quilt

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS